April 16th, 2006 by Keith
This is a small, yet quite a useful utility tool. CPU-Z allows you to gather information on some of the main devices of your system.
The good thing about this tool is that it does not require installation onto your system registry. You can just run the .exe file directly. Below are some of the information obtainable by CPU-Z:
- * Name and number.
- * Core stepping and process.
- * Package.
- * Core voltage.
- * Internal and external clocks, clock multiplier.
- * Supported instructions sets.
- * All cache levels (location, size, speed, technology).
- * Vendor, model and revision.
- * BIOS model and date.
- * Chipset (northbridge and southbridge) and sensor.
- * Graphic interface.
- * Frequency and timings.
- * Module(s) specification using SPD (Serial Presence Detect) : vendor, serial number, timings table.
- * Windows and DirectX version.
Furthermore, this is a freeware, and is downloadable from here.