May 27th, 2006 by Keith
Bon Echo Alpha 3 is the third developer milestone on the path to Firefox 2. This milestone is focused on testing the core functionality provided by many new features and changes to the platform scheduled for Firefox 2.
This alpha release is incremental compared to Alpha 2. Some of the new features are as follow:
- * Built in Anti-Phishing protection.
- * Search suggestions now appear with search history in the search box for Google and Yahoo!
- * Support for client-side session and persistent storage.
Some improvements have been made over the previous Alpha 2 release:
- * Changes to tabbed browsing behavior
- * Search plugin manager for removing and re-ordering search engines
- * Better support for previewing and subscribing to web feeds
- * New microsummaries feature for bookmarks
- * Inline spell checking in text boxes
- * Automatic restoration of your browsing session if there is a crash
- * New combined and improved Add-Ons manager for extensions and themes
- * Extended search plugin format
- * Updates to the extension system to provide enhanced security and to allow for easier localization of extensions
- * Support for SVG text using svg:textPath
Do check out the release note while testing for this release.
Builds are available in the following platforms:
Do not install this on production machine, as this is still under development stage. Instead, users should stick with the stable Firefox 18.104.22.168 version instead.