July 6th, 2006 by Keith
Gentoox is a Gentoo-based Linux operating system for the Xbox. It features the Linux kernel 2.4.32 and KDE 3.5.2 desktop within the package. The UK-based project developing team has taken one year since June 2005 to announce this latest release.
Based on the popular Gentoo Linux distribution, Gentoox is compiled from the lowest level with full emphasis placed on optimising the program to run on a Microsoft Xbox games console. Note that, software or hardware mods are still required, as according to the spokesman.
- * Gentoox Loader v6.04
- * Updated software as of 29th-Jul-2006.
- * Fully synced with magic as of 29th-Jul-2006.
- * On screen keyboard in GDM activated by hitting ‘B’ 5 times.
- * KDE 3.5.2.
- * XFCE 4.2.x.
- * ext3 filesystem.
- * Junk moved out of local.start and local.stop.
- * checkroot/checkfs bug fixed.
- * Sparkle 2.0.
- * ALSA and kernel ebuilds made to be more compatible with Gentoo.
- * Linux v2.4.32.
A free copy of Gentoox Home v5.0 is available for download here.