December 6th, 2006 by Keith
Want to have a library that makes it easy for developers to create and display professional, quality charts in their applications? Well, then that is what JFreeChart 1.0.3 is about, especially if you are a Java developer. This application is a 100% free Java chart library.
- * a consistent and well-documented API, supporting a wide range of chart types;
- * a flexible design that is easy to extend, and targets both server-side and client-side applications;
- * support for many output types, including Swing components, image files (including PNG and JPEG), and vector graphics file formats (including PDF, EPS and SVG);
- * JFreeChart is “open source” or, more specifically, free software. It is distributed under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public Licence (LGPL), which permits use in proprietary applications.
This latest release of version 1.0.3 contains a new DialPlot class, performance enhancements in the RegularTimePeriod classes, new IntervalXYDataset implementations, and numerous other enhancements and bug fixes.
- Java 2 platform (JDK version 1.3 or later).
Note that JFreeChart is a class library for use by developers, not an end user application.