January 18th, 2007 by Keith
For a period of time, I have not been introducing about beta softwares. However, with the release of DivX Converter 6.5 Beta, I am sure you guys must be pretty delighted. This latest beta version of Divx Converter can auto generate a menu based on a VOB file input. Hence, for those who are creating DVD using any other applications can take those file and convert them into DivX with menus.
This is a great improvement over the previous release of version 6.4. The integrated menu creation provides an easy-to-use interface for all users. To create a menu, do the following procedure:
- Drop a VOB file or VOB chain onto Converter.
- Click on the “View List” window from the main Converter window.
- Click the “Modify” button.
- Select “Menu” from the tab.
- Check the “Include Menu” tab.
- Fill in the title that you want for your menu.
- Select the box art that you’d like to display in the “Title Menu Image” selection prompt. Box art will be resized to 350 pixels tall by 310 pixels wide.
- To create the chapters points, select “Automatically create scene points based on source” to use information in the VOB chain, or fill in values for the time interval in “Create scene points every X minutes Y seconds” dialog.
- Click OK.
- On the subsequent “View List” dialog, make sure that “Combine videos into a single DivX file and include menu is UNCHECKED. We’ll fix this UI discrepancy for the final release.
- Close the “View List” dialog by selection the red close X on the top right hand corner.
- For advanced users: If you don’t like the default menu background, you can change out the background file at C:\Program Files\DivX\DivX Converter\Images\menu-background.bmp.
Sounds interesting? Users can download this beta version from the external link below for free. The application currently supports Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows 2000.
DivX Converter 6.5 Beta