June 21st, 2007 by Keith
WordPress 2.2 has attracted a large number of loyal WordPress bloggers to update to that version. However, it has not stopped them from developing further. WordPress 2.2.1 was just released a few hours ago. It consists of several bug fixes and additional enhancement to improve the features in version 2.2.x.
The full detail of the bug fixes is available here; below is just a summary of the major fixes.
- * Atom feed validation fixes
- * XML-RPC fixes
- * Widget backward compatibility fixes
- * Widget layout fixes for IE7
- * Page and Text Widget improvements
Some enhancements include the follow:
- * Remote shell injection in PHPMailer
- * Remote SQL injection in XML-RPC Discovered by Alexander Concha.
- * Unescaped attribute in default theme
Well, as usual, it is advised that WordPress users of version 2.2 are advised to upgrade to this latest version. Download them from this site.