April 26th, 2008 by Keith
About two days ago, WordPress has released the security fix for WordPress 2.5 version. This release contains several bug fixes and performance enhancement. It is highly recommended for users who are using the latest major release of 2.5 milestone to upgrade immediately, as the initial public release has a security vulnerability.
The entire 2.5.1 release has over 70 fixes and performance enhancement. Some of which are as follow:
- * Performance improvements for the Dashboard, Write Post, and Edit Comments pages.
- * Better performance for those who have many categories
- * Media Uploader fixes
- * An upgrade to TinyMCE 3.0.7
- * Widget Administration fixes
- * Various usability improvements
- * Layout fixes for IE
Personally, I am happy to see the media uploader issue being fixed, as it has been quite an annoying issue for me for a period of time.